Studying and living in Germany
In recent studies compiled by the OECD and study.eu Germany was deemed the no. 1 study destination for international students in Europe and the 3rd most attractive study destination among OECD countries.
Why is Germany the perfect study location?
- High quality tertiary education system
- German university degrees are highly respected by employers around the world
- Large amount of study programmes in English
- Moderate living costs
- Shortage of skilled professionals and low unemployment rate for university graduates
- Graduates from German universities are eligible to apply for an 18-month residence permit that allows them to find a job in Germany after their graduation
- Safe country with low crime rates