|Study location||Germany, Heidelberg|
|Nominal duration||24 months (120 ECTS)|
|Awards||M.A. (Master of Arts in Dance Movement Therapy)|
|Tuition fee||€5,100 per semester|
|Registration fee||€1,000 one-time
Registration Fee is non-refundable
Undergraduate degree (Bachelor's degree or higher)
Undergraduate degree in one of the following disciplines; dance/artistic studies, psychology, social work, humanties, health sciences or related fields.
Individual admission is possible for applicants with different backgrounds or other fields of study
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / German.
Dear Applicant, Please be sure to bring your original entry qualification and other supporting documents with you when arriving on the SRH campus.
Please be sure to bring your original entry qualification and other supporting documents with you when arriving on the SRH campus.
Would you like to live out your passion for dancing and do good at the same time? Our programme will help you learn to enhance your patients’ body awareness and to use the healing effect of movement.
- Introduction to therapy sciences
- Introduction to dance therapy
- Dance movement therapy skills
- Clinical psychology I (psychotherapy approaches)
- Clinical psychology II (psychiatry, psychosomatics & psychotherapy)
- Neurology & quantitative research methods
- Movement observation and movement analysis
- Clinical Placement
- Evidence-based clinical practice
- Assessment & clinical practice with children and adolescents
- Body-oriented therapy & mindfulness
- Advanced placement (clinical or research)
- Professionalization, law & ethics
- Master’s thesis
The scientific foundations and the methodological and professional skills gained on the Master’s programme in Dance Movement Therapy will enable you to work in a clinical, therapeutic or special needs context (e.g. in psychiatry, neurology, paediatrics or palliative care). You will also be able to pursue a career in research and work towards a doctorate.