|Study location||Germany, Heidelberg|
|Nominal duration||24 months (120 ECTS)|
|Awards||M.A. (Master of Arts in Music Therapy)|
|Tuition fee||€8,280 per year|
|Registration fee||€1,000 one-time
Registration Fee is non-refundable
Undergraduate degree (Bachelor's degree or higher)
Undergraduate degree in music, psychology, medicine, special education, music therapy or related fields.
Individual exceptions are possible, but require special approval
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / German.
In many cases your previous school or university is able to provide you with a suitable version of your transcripts. If your previous school or university is unable to do so, please be aware that you will have to have your documents officially translated along with verified copies of the original.
Dear Applicant, Please be sure to bring your original entry qualification and other supporting documents with you when arriving on the SRH campus.
Please be sure to bring your original entry qualification and other supporting documents with you when arriving on the SRH campus.
Would you like to use the healing power of music to help people? On our programme, you will develop music therapy skills and learn about the latest therapy concepts.
- Introduction to therapy sciences
- Introduction to music therapy
- Fundamental instrumental skills
- Clinical psychology I (psychotherapy approaches)
- Clinical psychology II (psychiatry, psychosomatics & psychotherapy)
- Neurology & quantitative research methods
- Basic musical competencies
- Clinical placement
- Evidence-based clinical practice (pain)
- Assessment & clinical practice with children and adolescents
- Arts therapies and specific applications
- Advanced instrumental skills
- Advanced placement (clinical or research)
- Professionalization, law & ethics
- Master’s thesis
The scientific foundations and the methodological and professional skills gained on the Master’s programme in Music Therapy will enable you to work in a clinical, therapeutic or special needs context.
Besides enabling you to work in a variety of practical fields, the Master’s degree in Music Therapy will give you the opportunity to pursue a career in research and work towards a doctorate.