|Study location||Germany, Campus Gera, Neue Str. 28-30, 07548 Gera|
|Nominal duration||6 semesters (180 ECTS)|
|Tuition fee||€450 per month|
|Registration fee||€450 one-time|
General university entrance qualification, university of applied sciences entrance qualification or equivalent university entrance qualification or university entrance qualification for qualified professionals according to §70 ThürGM
Enter 3rd semester immediately with work experience.
*ThürHG § 70 (2) Vocationally qualified persons without a university entrance qualification who have completed vocational training and have been employed full-time for at least three years are also entitled to study in a specific degree program if they pass an entrance examination.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / German.
In the first two semesters, you will study in your dream program of social work in the classic full-time study model and your lectures will take place regularly during the week. From the 3rd semester on, your studies will still take place in the full-time study model, but then in a block structure that is typical for our university. In concrete terms, this means that your attendance times will then take place compactly, in 6 blocks per semester and thus 4-5 attendance days per month.
Due to our flexible study model, our course of studies is equally interesting for those who are already working as well as for those who are still at the very beginning of their professional career. Practitioners who are already working and who have completed vocational training in a related field can shorten their studies to 2 years (4 semesters) and thus only enter the 3rd semester and remain active in practice. Career starters who are still at the very beginning of their professional career can gain experience in several internships from the 3rd semester at the latest due to the practice-integrating form of study. Thus, state recognition is granted at the end of the study program, which makes graduates even more attractive for the subsequent job market.
If you already have relevant work experience in this field, you can shorten your studies to 2 years / 4 semesters. You will then enter directly into the 3rd semester. We would be happy to check this possibility at any time on the basis of your application documents. Please do not hesitate to contact us.
With your degree, many paths will open up for you in the field of social work. You can work with children, young people, adults and senior citizens.
Possible fields of work for our graduates:
Social work with children
- Early help
- Children’s homes / children’s villages
- day care centers
- Recreational centers for children
- Social work with young people
Social work with young people
- Counseling centers for young people
- Youth clubs/ youth centers
- Educational and youth homes
- Homes for unaccompanied minor refugees
- Youth and adult education
- Youth detention centers and penal institutions
- Probation services for juveniles
- Curative and special educational institutions
- Intercultural social work
Social work with adults and social work in old age
- Youth, social and health services
- Family, parenting and pregnancy conflict counseling
- Assistance for the homeless
- Addiction and drug help facilities
- Debtor and private insolvency counseling
- Facilities for people with mental and physical disabilities
- Workshops for disabled people
- Psychiatric facilities and clinics
- Residential homes and meeting centers for senior citizens, disabled people and addicts (including therapeutic residential communities)
- probation services and penal institutions
- Adult education (e.g. adult education centers)
- Family and district centers (e.g. community work)
- Housing associations (neighborhood management)
In addition, your bachelor’s degree offers you the opportunity to pursue a master’s degree. A master’s degree opens the way to a doctorate and an academic career.
Central European Time
Central European Time