|Type||Master, hybrid study model|
|Nominal duration||5 semesters (120 ECTS)|
|Tuition fee||€450 per month|
|Registration fee||€450 one-time|
It is possible to study our master’s program “Health and Social Management” without a bachelor’s degree.
*According to §70 of the ThürHG, in defined exceptional cases, applicants can also be admitted who have not completed a first academic degree, but have completed vocational training in a professionally related field and have at least 2 years of professional experience in this field. Due to this regulation, you can gain access to the Master’s program via an aptitude test (one-time 200.00 Euro). Please contact us for more information.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / German.
Demographic change and technical and scientific progress have been presenting our society with ever new challenges for years. Accordingly, our health and social care system must increasingly organize itself in a business management manner in order to meet the high cost pressure and the call for more quality, customer and patient orientation. At the same time, healthcare workers are experiencing increased stress and feel more and more overworked. This development and the management of these tasks require broadly qualified and very well educated executives and managers in the health and social care sector. Therefore, in the course of your master’s program, we teach you to recognize company-specific problems, to develop strategically relevant solutions, and to strengthen your company’s market position in the process.
You study with us in a part-time study model, in a block structure typical for our university. This means that the attendance time comprises a total of 6 block weekends per semester (Friday to Monday). This makes it easy to combine your studies with your professional life and private requirements. You can also apply what you have learned directly in practice and address practical topics and questions directly in your lectures or with your teachers.
With the completion of your studies, you will have the opportunity to take on a responsible position in management in both profit and non-profit companies. This is possible, for example, in areas such as controlling, quality management and also human resources or project management. Your business orientation also qualifies you for management positions as well as assistant and staff functions.
At the same time, it opens the way to an academic career and doctorate, which you can take up after your master’s degree. The prerequisite for this is usually that you have a first academic degree (e.g. Bachelor, Diplom or Magister).
Your possible fields of work:
- outpatient, day-care and inpatient facilities, such as hospitals, medical care centers, rehabilitation facilities, social psychiatric institutions
- Management in social work, for example of day care centers for children, assisted living or old people’s and nursing homes
- Social work institutions, both regionally (e.g., district associations) and at the state or national level
- Companies in the health and social economy
- Youth, social and health offices, associations of the health and social sector, medical associations, health insurance companies, insurance companies as well as business and social consultancies
- Companies in the pharmaceutical or medical technology sectors