BEngApplied Mechatronic Systems - Medical Engineering
|Study location||Germany, Berlin|
|Nominal duration||7 semesters (210 ECTS)|
|Tuition fee||€6,450 per semester|
|Registration fee||€900 one-time
This is a fee due upon enrolment only.
High school / secondary education
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / German.
Upload your electronic copies during the application process
Please find our English language requirements here:
Our Bachelor of Engineering programme deepens your knowledge of technology and has an interdisciplinary approach thanks to the focus on (medical) device technology, smart manufacturing, sensor technology and computer science.
In your first semesters you learn the basics in disciplines such as mechanical engineering, mechatronics, electrical engineering or programming and deepen your knowledge in the areas of mathematics, statistics and physics. Building on this, you deepen your knowledge of current topics such as data analytics, Internet of Things, computer-aided manufacturing and a range of smart systems and technologies.
During your studies, you will also strengthen your know-how in the areas of power electronics, drive engineering, cloud technologies as well as autonomous and embedded systems. You are familiar with various additive and subtractive manufacturing methods, know which materials are best suited for specific products and are able to model and simulate technical systems.
The specialisation in medical engineering also expands your engineering and medical technology expertise and strengthens your awareness of the quality requirements of the industry. Focused on medical technology, you learn how imaging technologies are used in medicine and how machine learning and neural networks improve diagnostics. You know how robots and smart manufacturing methods are used effectively in the production of medical products and understand how assistance systems and smart human-machine interaction can make our lives easier.
Thanks to the diverse curriculum, you do not only have a broad engineering education but also get to train important skills in projects and hands-on lectures, such as team and communication skills, innovative thinking or negotiation competences, which are sought-after in your future job life.
In addition, you receive the “Siemens Mechatronic Systems Certificate Program (SMSCP)” certification at level 1-2.
7 SEMESTERS 210 ECTS
1. SEMESTER 30 ECTS
- Mathematics I
- Physical and Technical Fundaments of Medical Technologies
- Engineering Drawing and Design
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Lab / Measurement Technologies I
2. SEMESTER 30 ECTS
- Mathematics II
- Mechatronics Lab / Measurement Technologies II for Medical Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Analogue Electronics
- Personal Skills
- Advanced Programming
3. SEMESTER 30 ECTS
- Mathematics III
- Language I
- Engineering Teamwork I: Applied Computer Science Lab
- Sensor and Actuator Networks
4. SEMESTER 30 ECTS
- Autonomous Systems and Robotics for Medical Applications
- Language II
- Scientific Work
- Embedded Systems
- Advanced Data Exploration for Artificial Intelligence
- Modelling and Simulation
5. SEMESTER 30 ECTS
- Language III
- Imaging Technologies in Medical Engineering
- Drives and Power Electronics
- Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning in Healthcare
- Engineering Teamwork II: Advanced Mechatronics Lab
- Siemens Mechatronic Systems Certificate Program (SMSCP) | Level 1
6. SEMESTER 30 ECTS
- Smart Manufacturing | Medical Technologies
- Internet of Things and Cloud Technologies
- Material Science & Construction
- Engineering Teamwork III: Artificial Intelligence and Autonomous Systems Lab
- Engineering Teamwork IV: Embedded Systems Lab
- Siemens Mechatronic Systems Certificate Program (SMSCP) | Level 2
7. SEMESTER 30 ECTS
- Research and Development Methods
- Internship / Company Project / Research Project
- Bachelor’s Thesis
The B.Eng. Applied Mechatronic Systems – Medical Engineering study programme prepares you for positions in medical engineering, the medical device industry and micro- and nanotechnology. As a highly sought-after expert with a solid and application-oriented education, your career options also include jobs in mechanical, plant engineering and process engineering.
With your degree, you can also work in the following areas – in the manufacturing industry and other technical sectors as well as specifically in medical engineering:
- Industrial development (planning, calculation, design and testing of technical plants, products and systems)
- Production (planning, manufacturing, operation and monitoring of technical and process facilities and systems, testing of products and processes, quality assurance)
- Marketing and sales of technical systems, plants and products
- Management activities in the manufacturing industry, private sector companies and public authorities
Central European Time
Central European Time