BACreative Industries Management
|Study location||Germany, Berlin|
|Nominal duration||7 semesters (210 ECTS)|
|Tuition fee||€4,500 per semester|
|Registration fee||€900 one-time
This is a fee due upon enrolment only.
High school / secondary education
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / German.
In many cases your previous school or university is able to provide you with a suitable version of your transcripts. If your previous school or university is unable to do so, please be aware that you will have to have your documents officially translated along with verified copies of the original.
Upload your electronic copies during the application process
Please find our English language requirements here:
The BA Creative Industries Management study programme adapts all-time management classics to the complex and dynamic world of the cultural and creative industries and the broader creative economy.
During your studies, you can focus on four areas: Music, Visual Arts, Creative Writing or General Creative Industries Management.
You become part of a diverse, international, and supportive community whose members co-create their learning experiences on a day-to-day basis.
You will learn about diverse business models, strategies and practices and develop your own identity as a creative manager. You will be able deepen your knowledge about non-traditional industries and the arts, as well as social, sustainable, and cultural organisations.
You will gain further practical experience in managing and marketing creative processes and products through numerous hands-on projects with fellow students across the entire School of Popular Arts and in collaboration with our diverse network partners.
7 SEMESTERS 210 ECTS
1. SEMESTER 30 ECTS
- Creative Industries & Businesses
- Business Strategy
- Research Skills
- Concentration I: Music/Visual Arts/Creative Writing/General
- Media Studies
- Creative Entrepreneurship Introduction Lab
2. SEMESTER 30 ECTS
- Marketing and Society
- International Marketing Management
- Concentration II: Music/Visual Arts/Creative Writing/General
- Concentration III: Music/Visual Arts/Creative Writing/General
- Intercultural Communication
3. SEMESTER 30 ECTS
- Digital & Marketing Communications Management
- Digital Media Technology
- Digital Production
- Concentration IV: Music/Visual Arts/Creative Writing/General
- Media Law
4. SEMESTER 30 ECTS
- Concentration V: Music/Visual Arts/Creative Writing/General
- Lab Project
- Project Management
- Research Methods I (Qualitative & Artistic)
5. SEMESTER 30 ECTS
In the fifth semester, you will either do an internship at a company of your choice, assisted by our career service team, an exchange semester at a university abroad or take part in an incubator for your entrepreneurial business idea at the SRH Start-up Lab Berlin. The internship/exchange/incubator semester corresponds to a student workload of 750 hours and is worth 30 credit points.
6. SEMESTER 30 ECTS
- Creative Career Development
- Organisation & Leadership
- Public Relations & Artist Management
- Concentration VI: Music/Visual Arts/Creative Writing/General
- Research Methods II (Qualitative & Quantitative)
- Concentration VII: Music/Visual Arts/Creative Writing/General
7. SEMESTER 30 ECTS
- Innovation Management
- Creative Entrepreneurship Innovation Lab
- Cultural Theory & Popular Culture
- Bachelor’s Thesis
- Management and marketing in businesses and organisations in the creative industries (advertising, architecture, arts and crafts, design, fashion, film, photography, music, performing arts, publishing, software, games, tourism and leisure, television and radio)
- Professional service firms, delivering services to the creative industries (e.g. Communication, event, and marketing agencies)
- Business associations and policy makers in the field
- Businesses in other industries that are seeking creative talent in areas such as innovation and change management
- Communication, event and marketing agencies
- Communication, media relations, and marketing departments of companies
- Working as a freelancer and entrepreneur with your own business
Recommended application deadline.
Recommended application deadline.