|Study location||Germany, Berlin|
|Nominal duration||7 semesters (210 ECTS)|
|Tuition fee||€4,725 per semester|
|Application fee||€1,000 one-time|
High school / secondary education
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / German.
Upload your electronic copies during the application process
Please find our English language requirements here:
A relevant portfolio is required.
Portfolio with 15-20 own creative works
Styling models, building sets, setting up lighting, obsessing with details. Scouting locations, capturing moments. Merging analog and digital. If this is your world, then our Photography degree is perfect to help you develop your own visual language.
In the BA Photography programme you will learn how pictures work and what they can achieve. You will learn how to design and stage information using analog and digital image recording techniques. With artistic freedom you will be able to explore all possibilities of image design and find your own style. You will work on your own projects and learn how to handle customer orders professionally. The content of your studies will include advertising photography, press photography and photojournalism, artistic photography, product and documentary photography.
7 SEMESTERS 210 ECTS
1. SEMESTER 30 ECTS
- Photography Studio I: Studio Photography & Typography
- Photography Studio II: Portrait Photography Studio, Photo Aesthetics Portrait Studio, Graphic Design I
- Photography Studio III: Product Photography, Photo Aesthetics Product, CGI Product
- Media Sciences & Academic Writing
- Media Lab Photography: Photographic Technology, Photographic Software Training, Design Software Training
- Elective I*
*e.g. Image Editing I, Analog Photography I, Web Development I
2. SEMESTER 30 ECTS
- Photography Location I: Portrait Photography Location, Photo Aesthetics Portrait Location, Contemporary Graphic Design
- Photography Location II: Architectural Photography, Photo Aesthetics Architecture, Editorial Design I
- Photography Location III: Automotive Photography & CGI Automotive
- Communication Sciences: Theory & History of Communication, History of Design and Art
- Media Lab Film: Film Technology, Film Software Training, Animation Software Training
- Elective II*
*e.g. Image Editing II, Analog Photography II, Web Development II
3. SEMESTER 30 ECTS
- Photographic Documentation I: Documentary Photography I & Panoramic Photography I
- Photographic Documentation II: Documentary Photography II, Panoramic Photography II, CGI Panorama 360° x 180°
- Photographic Documentation III: Documentary Photography III, Sports Photography, Editorial Design II
- Research & Aesthetics I: Excursion, Techniques of artistic research, Application & Evaluation
- Photographic History
- Elective III*
*e.g. Image Editing III, Analog Photography III, Web Development III
4. SEMESTER 30 ECTS
- Staged Photography I: Fashion Photography I & Stereoscopic Photography I
- Staged Photography II: Fashion Photography II, Stereoscopic Photography II, CGI Stereo 3D, Graphic Design II
- SRH Elective: Staged Photography or university-wide offer
- SRH Lab: Project SRH Berlin, Project Support, Project Evaluation
- Discourses of Photography & Expert Talks
- Elective IV*
*e.g. Image Editing IV, Analog Photography IV, Web Development IV
5. SEMESTER 30 ECTS
- Practical Phase Photography
- Photographic Project
6. SEMESTER 30 ECTS
- Artistic Photography I: Conceptual Photography I, Virtual & Augmented Reality I
- Artistic Photography II: Conceptual Photography II, Virtual & Augmented Reality II, Graphic Design III
- Scientific Colloquium: Methods of Scientific Work & Writing Scientific Texts
- Research & Aesthetics II: Excursion, Scientific Work, Translation & Proofreading
- Exhibition Design
- Elective V*
*e.g. Image Editing V, Analog Photography V, Web Development V
7. SEMESTER 30 ECTS
- Photography Portfolio: Portfolio & Digital Portfolio Web
- Experimental Photography
- Photography Colloquium I & II
- Foundation & Law: Entrepreneurship, Media Law, Career Center
- Bachelor’s Thesis
Upon completion of your studies, you will have mastered a wide variety of forms of photographic image design and possess extensive methodical, strategic and conceptual media skills.
You will work, for example, in the applied field of portrait, fashion, editorial, advertising, product or reportage photography.
Further professional fields arise within the new image media (computer generated imagery, Stereo3D, 360 x 180°, virtual & augmented reality) or in the areas of curation and image editing as well as in artistic photography.
In addition, with a Bachelor of Arts degree you have access to numerous postgraduate and master’s courses in Germany and abroad.