|Study location||Germany, Campus Rheinland, Marie-Curie-Straße 11, 51377 Leverkusen|
|Nominal duration||5 semesters (120 ECTS)|
|Tuition fee||€475 per month|
|Registration fee||€450 one-time|
Undergraduate degree (Bachelor's degree or higher)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / German.
University degrees in education are increasingly becoming a prerequisite for a teaching position, and the need for innovative medical and health educators has been growing for years. Our health care system, due to permanent changes, be it new medical knowledge or standards in all health care professions, needs today and in the future pedagogical teaching staff that pass on their knowledge to students on the cutting edge of science and using the most modern and evidence-based techniques. In doing so, teachers should be able to impart not only knowledge from a variety of disciplines, but also passion and fun. We provide you with important skills for this in the master’s program in medical and health education, which you can integrate directly into your practice.
With us, you study in the part-time study model (part-time). At the Gera Campus, your attendance time comprises a total of 5 block weekends per semester (Thursday to Monday). At the Stuttgart Campus, there are a total of 10 block weekends per semester (Friday to Sunday). In both variants, your studies can be ideally combined with your professional activities and your private requirements.
Your career opportunities could not be more diverse.
The qualification requirements for teachers in initial, further and continuing education at vocational schools for health care professions or schools in the health care sector are regulated differently in the individual federal states. The professionalization of the education system and the advancing academization of the health care professions have led to the fact that in the next few years mainly teachers with a corresponding university degree will be allowed to train at vocational schools for health care professions or schools in the health care sector. Since training at schools for health care professions is not regulated uniformly in the individual federal states, there are different formal qualification requirements for teachers. If necessary, the relevant ministry will inform you about the hiring requirements specific to each federal state.
Your prospects in detail:
Our Master’s program in Medical and Health Education prepares you for teaching in theory and practice:
- at vocational schools in the health care sector (nursing, remedial education, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, speech therapy, emergency paramedics and medical-technical assistance such as MTAF, MTRA, MTLA)
- in extracurricular and in-company training and continuing education
- in the academic training of health care professions at universities.
In addition, the degree qualifies you for occupational pedagogical activities in various institutions and companies:
- in personnel and organizational development as well as in quality management in health care companies
- in associations, organizations, health insurance companies and other health and social care institutions
- Management of multi-professional teams in health and social care institutions
- Pedagogical consulting of professional helpers, patients and relatives in outpatient care centers